The City Clerk is responsible for the management and preservation of the official records of the City of Swartz Creek. The City Clerk maintains all City Codes, Ordinances, Resolutions, Policies and other legal documents.
In addition, the City Clerk:
- Is responsible for public notices.
- Administers the Oath of Office to City officials and members of City boards and commissions.
- Administers all elections held within the City; assuring compliance with all State, Federal and City laws.
The office serves as the voter registration authority for City residents and works cooperatively with other jurisdictions in the maintenance of voter registration records throughout the State of Michigan. The City Clerk is the Chair of the City’s Election Commission.
The City of Swartz Creek is divided into four wards with one Council member elected for each ward and three At-Large Council members.
The City of Swartz Creek has one polling location, the United Methodist Church located at 7400 Miller Road, that accommodates all four of the Wards.
Register to Vote:
If you would like to register to vote, you may click the link to the Michigan Voter Information Center.
City of Swartz Creek
8083 Civic Dr.
Swartz Creek, MI 48473
- School/Special Election Day: The first Tuesday following the first Monday in May
- Primary Election Day: The first Tuesday following the first Monday in August.
- General Election Day: The first Tuesday following the first Monday in November.
School/Special elections are held every year. County, State and Federal elections are held in even numbered years.
If you are interested in being an election inspector for the City of Swartz Creek please fill out the Election Inspector Application through the link on the right of this page. Turn in application to the City Clerk.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a Michigan statute that gives the public the right to documents regarding the affairs of government, public officials and public employees. Under the Act, a person has the right to inspect, copy or receive copies of “public records” of a “public body”.
To make a Freedom of Information request, please fill out a FOIA form. This form must be filled out as the formal request. There are also charges that may be associated with the Freedom of Information request.